In Ivano-Frankivsk region’s Manyavsky convent, founded in 1608 by Rev. Iov Knyahynytsky (Iov Manyavsky), Primate of the Orthodox Church of Ukraine, Metropolitan Epifaniy, consecrated the Holy Spirit Church. Metropolitan Joasaph of Ivano-Frankivsk and Halych, Bishop Paisii of Zhytomyr and Ovruch, and the monastery’s monks assisted the head of the OCU during the service.
According to the OCU press office, following major restoration works in 1998, prayer was finally heard here after an over 200-year break. And now, on September 26, 2021, another church opened its doors to the faithful on the monastery’s premises.
It should be recalled that in 1676 the monastery was completely destroyed during the Polish-Turkish war. Its restoration lasted for ten years, and from 1700 began another difficult period in its life. In fact, it had remained the only Orthodox monastery in Western Ukraine until 1785, when it was officially closed by order of Austrian Emperor Franz Joseph.
Earlier, the head of the OCU consecrated a church in the village of Babche in Ivano-Frankivsk region. Metropolitan Epifaniy also met with the Ambassador of Ukraine to Turkey.